Before you think about your canadian visit, you should find out if you need a visa to enter Canada. If you don’t know, see Do you need a Visa? in the following section of links will help you to get more information.
How to apply:
- Obtain a Temporary Resident Visa application package.
- Read the guide.
- Complete the application form and attach the necessary documents.
- Pay the fee and get the necessary receipt.
- Mail the application form and necessary documents.
1. Obtain a Temporary Resident Visa application package.
The package includes the application guide and all the forms you need to fill out. Download and print the application package.
Read the guide carefully before you complete the application form. The fee for processing your form is not refundable, so make sure you are eligible to get a Temporary Resident Visa before you apply.
3. How to make Visa Application.
The application form contains instructions, be sure to provide the required documents. If you do not provide all the requested information or documents, your application may be delayed.
You can use the same application form for your spouse or common-law partner, and for dependent children under 18 if they will be travelling with you.
All required documents must be included with your application:
You must have a valid travel document (such as a passport) for each family member on the application.
- Two recent passport photos of each family member are required. Make sure these photos meet the requirements. For more information on specifications for photographs, see the Related Links section at the bottom of this page.
- Enclose the application fee and the IMM 5401 receipt of payment. Your fee will not be refunded, even if your application is not accepted.
- You must provide proof that you have enough money for your visit to Canada. The amount of money may vary, depending on the circumstances for your visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives. You can get more information from the Canadian visa office in your country or region.
- You may need to include other documents. These documents could be identification cards, proof of employment, a letter of invitation from relatives or friends in Canada, or a proposed itinerary.
4. Pay the fee and get the necessary receipt.
The fee per person is $75 for a single entry visa, $150 for a multiple entry visa or $400 for a family (multiple or single entry).
5. Mail the application form and necessary documents.
When you have finished the application form, make sure you sign and date it, and that all required documents and fees are included in the envelope. In most countries, application fees must be paid in Canadian dollars. You must send your application to the Canadian visa office in the country or region where you live. Check the guide in your application package for instructions.
Visa Process Time:
How long it takes to process your application varies depending on the visa office where you applied. You may need to go for an interview with a visa officer.
You might required a medical examination to be allowed to enter Canada. If you do, a Canadian immigration officer will tell you and will send you instructions about what to do. A medical examination can add more than three months to the processing time of your application.
Click here for more information:
Canadian Temporary Resident Visa